The “Institut Curie” is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
The recently established Metabolomics Technology platform offers cutting-edge analytical services to researchers at the Institut Curie, and users from national and international academic institutions and companies. The platform will put an emphasis on project-specific tailor-made metabolome and lipidome analysis and method development. We are equipped with high performance hardware, including high resolution mass spectrometry (Orbitrap) and GCMS as well as high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and automated direct infusion.
The successful candidate will receive training on the operation and maintenance of all the equipment as well data-analysis software. The candidate will be responsible for sample preparation as well operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Sample preparation including sample homogenization, metabolite extraction, and purification for metabolite analysis.
- Operation and maintenance of different chromatographic instruments.
- Operation and maintenance of mass spectrometers.
- Acquisition and analysis of metabolomics data using dedicated software.
- Method development including sample preparation, chromatographic separation and data acquisition optimization.
Training and experience required
- Design engineer (“Ingénieur d’Etude”) at minimum at Masters level.
- Deep knowledge in Chemistry and Bioanalytics.
- Previous experience with chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- Previous experience with Metabolomics and Lipidomics approaches.
- A good command of the English language.
- Ambition and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Organization and critical thinking.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months
- Working time: full time
- Remuneration: according to the current grids
- Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Location of the position: Orsay
- Reference: 2022-03-INGSPECPLAT
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to Julio Lopes Sampaio (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Publication date: 17/03/2022
Deadline for application: 30/04/2022