The Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
The “Diversity and Plasticity of Childhood Cancer”research group
This group headed by Olivier Delattre investigates the role of genetic alterations in the development of childhood cancers with a specific focus on their impact on gene regulation and cell plasticity (https://science.curie.fr/equipe-delattre). Some recent publications of the group: Surdez et al, Cancer Cell, 2021; Aynaud et al, Cell Reports, 2020; Boeva et al, Nat Genet, 2017; Grunewald et al, Nat Genet, 2015.
- Use a variety of NGS-based (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, Hi-C …) approaches to identify key transcriptional regulators, decipher core regulatory circuitries and 3D genome structure in malignant cells.
- Use and develop single cell approaches to investigate cell diversity, tumor heterogeneity and plasticity.
- Integrate multi-omic data
- Perform appropriate statistical analyses
- Collaborate with biologists in the group and with the core bioinformatic unit (U900) of the institute.
Profile of the candidate
- PhD, Grandes Ecoles diploma or similar experience
- Strong background in bioinformatics and computational biology
- Experience of working in a Unix environment and of using R and other language (Perl, Python….)
- Experience in NGS and single cell data analysis
- Knowledge in cancer genetics and cell biology
- Good level in English
- Type of contract Contrat à objet Défini
- Starting date : between September and December 2021
- Duration : 3 yeard
- Working time : full time
- Avantages :Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Rémunération: The remuneration will follow the rules of the Research Center and will depend on the experience of the candidatess.
How to apply?
Send CV, motivation letter and recommendation letters (or addresses) from 3 referees to Dr Olivier Delattre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date : May 5th 2021
Deadline for application : June 15th 2021