The Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
The Medico-Scientific Program (MSPg), a priority of the Institut Curie's strategic plan, aims to promote translational, clinical and societal research along priority thematic axes. As such, epigenetics and urology are currently seeking a Project Manager to promote these two themes, support the teams involved, develop their potential, find public and private funding and accelerate translational research on these two themes.
Main missions of the position
- Project Development:
- Identification of calls, coordination of the assembly in collaboration with the teams concerned at the scientific, administrative, financial, human and logistical level.
- Coordinate the programming and monitoring of projects at the scientific, administrative, financial, human and logistical level.
- Detect projects of high potential within the MSPg themes (identify current strengths and promote interconnections)
- Identification of promising projects in the teams to develop and promote industrial / academic partnerships, innovation (start-up) on the potential of the MSPg.
- MSPg animation, dissemination and communication:
- Promote this dynamic with collaborators within the Institut Curie, with the other axes of the MSPg and more broadly within the French and European community.
- Communication and scientific animation: regular (monthly) meetings and seminars, courses, retreats and workshops to promote team projects;
- Contribution / Writing of publications on the results of MSPg projects
- Point of contact for the MSPg with the communication department.
- Key role for the MSPg in relations with the Tech Transfer Office for the establishment of contracts, declarations of invention as well as the negotiation of agreements with industrial partners.
- Key role with the legal department, the data department and the Center of Biological Resources for the management of regulatory and ethical aspects of MSPg projects (internal review committee, consents, export authorizations, management of sensitive data)
- Experience level / degrees required
- PhD in biology with an interest in oncology and epigenetics.
- Professional experience in collaborative research project management with academic and / or industrial partners would be appreciated.
- Experience in writing articles and grant applications, as well as experience or training tech transfer and patenting, would be appreciated.
- International experience would be appreciated
- Required skills and qualities
- To be organized, rigorous and multitasking. Demonstrate initiative, autonomy, capacity for synthesis. Knowing how to adapt to a variety of people.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Good knowledge of IT tools (Office suite), web and social media.
- Fluent English and French, written and oral
- Contract type: Fixed term contract (CDD)
- Contract duration: 18 months
- Working hours: Full time
- Advantages: Collective catering, reimbursement of transport pass at 70%, company insurance plan
- Salary will follow the Research Centre rules and will be according to the experience of the candidate.
To apply, please send CV, cover letter and recommendation letters to recrutement.managerPMS@curie.fr