The main purpose of the Supervisory Board is to control the management bodies and ensure the proper management of the Executive Board. It is assisted by 3 ad hoc committees.
Three founding members acting in an advisory capacity
• Prof. Stewart Cole, representing Institut Pasteur
• Marc Joliot, representing the Curie family
• Daniel Thierry, representing the Rothschild family
Six ex-officio members acting in an advisory capacity
• Jocelyne Bérille, representing the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research, and Innovatio
• Prof. Gilles Bloch, representing the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (Inserm)
• Jean-Guy de Chalvron, representing the French Ministry of the Interior
• Dominique Joseph, representing the French Economic, Social and Environmental Council (CESE)
• Prof. Norbert Ifrah, representing the French National Cancer Institute (INCa)
• Yvan de Launoit, representing the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS)
Five experts acting in an advisory capacity
• Frédéric Donnedieu de Vabres
• André Gauron
• Prof. Jean-François Girard
• Mireille Guigaz
• Philippe Louis-Dreyfus
Four staff representatives acting in an advisory capacity
College of staff Representative
• Sébastien Goud
• Valérie Sire-Troti
Representatives of scientific and medical staf
• Prof. Nathalie Cassoux for the Hospital Group
• Fatima Mechta-Grigoriou for the Research Center
Six other members with voting rights
• Alain Fuchs, representing the PSL University
• Samuel Guibal, representing the Paris Local Education Authority
• Prof. Xavier Jeunemaitre, representing the Université de Paris
• Marie-Christine Lemardeley, representing the city of Paris
• Jean-Christophe Pierson, representing the city of Saint-Cloud
• Gérard Wormser
The Supervisory Board is assisted by three ad hoc committees.
The Audit and Finance Committee
This committee is in charge of helping the Supervisory Board and facilitating its decision-making in the following areas: monitoring financial strategy; accounts and financial information; annual budget and budget monitoring; investment projects; internal control and risk prevention.
The Compensation Committee
This committee is in charge of issuing opinions and recommendations to the Supervisory Board on: the remuneration of members of the Executive Board; the remuneration and exceptional bonuses for the posts of directors and those defined by its operating charter; the remuneration and profit-sharing policy for Institut Curie staff; the compensation policy for members of the Scientific Advisory Board; and the policy for the reimbursement of expenses.
The Ethics Committee is responsible for defining and maintaining the ethical values of Institut Curie. It reports to the Supervisory Board on all its work. Its work is backed up by the Ethics Commission for the Medical Care of Patients and Relatives, the Ethics Committee on Animal Experimentation (CEEA) and the Institutional Ethics Commission.
The Executive Board
The Executive Board is tasked with the administration and management of Institut Curie in conjunction with the directors of the Hospital Group, the Research Center and the Head Office. It is vested with wide-ranging powers to take action in all circumstances on behalf of the foundation. Members of the Executive Board are appointed for a renewable period of 6 years.
Chairman of the Executive Board: Prof. Thierry PHILIP
Prof. Thierry Philip
Prof. Djillali Annane
Prof. Dominique Deville de Périère
Hervé Le Floc’h
The Scientific Advisory Board
The Scientific Advisory Board is comprised of international experts – particularly in the field of oncology research – from outside Institut Curie. It provides strategic guidance on the institute’s general focus and agenda.
Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board: Prof. Iain MATTAJ
With an international reputation, the Research Center brings together 86 scientific teams whose work aims to better understand the functioning of life. The Director of the Research Center is elected every 5 years by the Executive Board.
Director : Prof. Alain Puisieux
Deputy Director: Tatiana Malherbe
With its high-tech equipment, the Hospital Group treats all types of cancer, including the rarest. It is a leader in the treatment of breast cancer, ophthalmological cancer, sarcoma and pediatric cancer. The director of the Hospital Group is elected every 5 years by the Executive Board.
Director: Prof . Steven Le Gouill
Deputy Director : Anne-Claire de Reboul
He is supported by a board comprising the site directors respectively for Paris, Prof. Nathalie Cassoux, for Saint-Cloud, Prof. Roman Rouzier and for Orsay, Prof. Rémi Dendale, and the director of Nursing Care, Sylvie Arnaud.
The Head Office assists the Hospital Group and the Research Center, supporting the activities of Institut Curie and the implementation of our institutional project, MC21. As such it helps us to achieve consistency within the foundation.
► The Head Office is headed by Jacques Gilain.
Jacques Gilain, director of the Head Office, supervises:
- The Operations department (Jean-Robert Greslin)
- The Information systems department (Philippe Rizand)
- The Financial control department (Fabienne Conte)
- The Legal department (Régine Borgeot)
- The Head office Human Resources department (Stéphane Lacroix)
► The deputy director of the Head Office, Yohan Philippe, supervises
- The International Relations department (Dr Pierre Anhoury)
- The Donor Relations department (Agnès Hubert)
- The Curie Museum (Renaud Huynh)
- The Communication department (Séverine Salmagne)
► The deputy director of the Head Office, Amaury Martin, supervises
- The Industrial Development and Partnerships department (Cécile Campagne)
- The Data department (Xosé Fernandez)